Sunday, April 29, 2007

Finished

I have finished my research. Hooray! I wok up this morning and thought to myself "Today I dont have to ask anyone anything about Education! Today I dont have to introduce myself and explain where I come from and explain how what people are doing in this place relates to what I do. Today I dont have to convince anyone to share something of themselves so that I can learn from them." Dont get me wrong. The last 5 weeks of reasearch have been amazing. I have been to some remarkable places and met great people who have actually been very generous in what they have shared with me. I feel lucky because along the way I have made new friends. But tonight I am sleeping in the house of old friends. Friends who know me and have been part of my story for a while now. I am with people who know something of what my life was like prior to coming overseas and who know the right questions to ask. And when I go to bed I can read my book without thinking that I should be reading this academic paper or that historical account. And tomorrow when I wake up I will be on holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, time to start doing it just for you. Your journey so far has been so informative and perhaps intense....go enjoy yourself and love from us to all you see... and especially to you!