Friday, March 30, 2007

Northern Exposure





Those of you who know me well will know how much I love the TV show Northern Exposure. Imagine then my excitement when given the chance to 'visit' Cicely, Alaska?! The show was filmed in small town outside of Seattle caled Roslyn. My friends Kyrie and Nate were kind enough to take me to visit and I was so excited I was literally skipping down the main street. The fantastic thing is that the makers of the show basically used the street scape as it existed so most of the buildings are still there - The Brick, Ruth Anne's store, Joel's office and the Roslyn Cafe mural. I went into Joel's office, which is now a giftstore for all things Northern Exposure, and in some strange twist of something the store owner was watching Crocodle Dundee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god!! how fantastic!