Saturday, June 02, 2007

The culinary delights of Ireland

Who would have thought that the culinary leg of my journey would take place in country Ireland. I have eaten the most amazing food during the course of the last week. I was treated to an absolutely gorgeous meal at the Nuremore Hotel near Carrickmacross in which the wine complimented the food more perfectly than I had ever experienced. The delight of that meal however was made more enjoyable by the fact that I was with my friends Sarah and Sarajit who have themselves opened a fantasic restaurant in nearby Ardee. Sarajit is arguably one of the best chefs in Ireland and with Sarah's expertise in food, wine, cheese and her understanding of what makes restaurants work, they have definitely got a success story on their hands. The menu is varied to suit all tastes but I find the curries to be the real highlight, aswell as the Indian bread which is out of this world. The Bailey's cheesecake is also to die for. Anyone living in or planning to visit Ireland would be well advised to make a visit to this restaurant a must. The name is The Fushia House and it is located 5 minutes from the M1 just near the Ardee by pass road. If you have to come out of your way to get here, do it! You will not regret it.

No comments: