Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Something other than anger

I have just been reading back over the last dozen or so posts made during August and I realise how much anger and sadness and frustration they contain. I think those three emotions acurately descrbe my reaction to the actions of the Federal Government during that time and I know that people were asking me for my opinions on the NT intervention and writing stuff on the blog was one way to express my opinions, so i make no apology for anything I wrote. But it's exhausting carrying that kind of anger and despair around and I find now that I seemed to have moved on to something beyond anger, something positive and possible, something that looks more like hope. Surely, without it, i would not have the strength to go back and continue working where I do, knowing that the actions of Government will contradict me. Surely, without it, I would admit defeat and lament the fact that I'm just one person in the face of something daunting.
So after feeling such passionate anger in August, my question is where did this hope come from?

No comments: