Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Th...th...th...th





Friends of mine recently showed me a video on You Tube. It is the very funny encounter of a 'translator' dealing with people from several different linguistic background. I highly recommend it

(here is the link: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/301400/the_translator_catherine_tate/)


Anyway, once you watch this video you will appreciate why I have been walking around Madrid and all I can think of is "th..th..th..th.." It's true my lack of Spanish has not helped the situation but I always feel that i experience a place less when I dont speak the language. I always wonder what people I may have met, what experiences I may have had, if only I had been able to communicate with people better. That said, Madrid is a beautiful city and perhaps one day, once I have taken the time to learn Spanish, I will return and discover what I missed out on during this visit!

No comments: